Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Well, my flights to Calgary got cancelled yesterday owing to severe weather out here on the British Columbia coast.

I am disappointed not to be seeing my sons over Christmas.

On the other hand, there is some good news. I received a full refund of my expensive holiday air fare. This is enough to cover flights for two people at off-peak times. One of my sons wants to use half of that air fare to visit me in Nanaimo over a weekend. My other son wants me to visit him in Calgary on another occasion. I probably will do that around his birthday.

I'm also fortunate to have received an invitation to Christmas Dinner from local friends who heard about my situation.

It's now Christmas Eve. My movements require me to part company with my laptop over the next couple of days. So I will take this opportunity of wishing you a Christmas filled with warmth and love and laughter. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I wish you a day filled with warmth and love and laughter. May you enjoy many such days in 2009.

No comments: